About Our Family:
Mini Bernedoodle Breeders

Welcome to the Bernedoodle Perfection family, where we take great pride in what we do. Our young family is the perfect place for a Bernedoodle puppy to be born since they get the care they need from our years of experience but also experience the joy of cuddling, playing and eventually romping around with small children. At Bernedoodle Perfection you can be assured that you will find only the best Bernedoodle puppies for sale. We strive to breed our Bernedoodle puppies for outstanding temperament, confirmation and most important of all health.


All of our adult dogs are carefully handpicked and thoroughly researched before purchasing to make sure they are the perfect fit for our breeding program. For peace of mind and to make sure we are not overlooking anything our Veterinary inspects each and every adult dog yearly to make sure they are in top-notch health. We feed a high quality dog food and top dress with some of the highest quality supplement on the market. Proper nutrition is very important but we also understand that they need to exercise and socialize daily. Our dogs are allowed to do this twice a day which is a highlight for both them and us. Superior puppies don’t just happen, so we take great care in continuing education, appropriate health testing, feeding and recommending proper nutrition, while also standing behind the overall health and well-being of each puppy that leaves our home. 

About the Mini Bernedoodle:

The Mini F1 Bernedoodle is a mix between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Toy or Miniature Poodle. The Mini F1 Bernedoodle is the 1st generation bernedoodle and may vary in size, depending on the size of the Dam (Bernese Mountain Dog) and Sire (Toy or Miniature Poodle). The miniature bernedoodle may also vary in color and coat with the mini or toy poodle daddy being credited with the majority of these specific conformations.


Mini-bernedoodles do vary greatly in size. We have 4 poodles that we use in our breeding program. Our 5 pound toy poodle’s puppies are typically in the 15 to 30 pound range and our other 3 poodles are 13 pounds and their puppies are typically in the 35 to 50 pound range.


The F1 Mini Bernedoodle comes in many different colors. The most popular color is the traditional black tri color which consists of black, white and tan and will strongly resemble the Bernese mountain dog’s colors. Since this is the most popular color about 90 percent of our puppies are the traditional tri color with the other 10 percent being the Blue-Merle Tri-Color.


The Mini bernedoodle can have 3 different types of hair coats. Currently we only raise the first generation Bernedoodle which is called the F1. With the genetic testing done on our parents we know all our puppies will have the wavy hair coat. The puppies with the wavy coat have a very low to non-shedding hair coat. Mini Bernedoodles can also have a straight hair coat, these will typically shed more and are not recommended for people with allergy issues. The third hair coat type is the curly coat, typically this coat is only in the second generation where the puppies are 3/4 poodle and 1/4 Bernese Mountain Dog. The curly coat is the lowest shedding in all 3 hair coat types but does also require more grooming.


Health is another great attribute in the F1 Mini Bernedoodle. As a crossbreed, they have what is called ‘hybrid vigor’ which means that they will be healthier due to their gene pool being larger. Being a smaller size hybrid cross the likelihood of hip or elbow dysplasia is also greatly reduced.


Regular exercise helps keep their minds stimulated, which results in less boredom for the dog and less destructive behavior. They also need regular exercise to  maintain a healthy weight and overall good health. Because they love running and playing, the Bernedoodle owner can implement many activities into their daily exercise regimen. A Bernedoodle requires a different amount of exercise depending on their age. An adult Bernedoodle an hour of exercise, twice a day is ideal. A Bernedoodle puppy needs 15 minutes of exercise, twice per day, gradually increasing the amount of time until it is up to the two 1 hour sessions per day by the time it is 1 year old.